Ryan Groves is a Senior Consultant at Credibility International providing consulting services for companies, government entities, and legal counsel on a variety of issues involving disputes in arbitration and litigation matters, as well as financial investigations. Prior to joining Credibility, Ryan provided audit services to clients in the financial services industry and risk advisory consulting services to government clients.
Ryan previously worked at KPMG LLP where he provided audit services as an Associate and consulting services as a Risk Advisory Consultant.
Consulting Engagement Experience
Representative examples of Ryan’s engagement experience include:
Arbitrations, Disputes, and M&A
- Central America Construction Arbitration; Breach of Contract; ICC. Assisted in the preparation of expert reports on damages involving materials cost overruns for construction in Central America. Work on this matter included developing a discounted cash flow model to quantify Claimants’ losses.
- Canada Shareholder Litigation. Assisted in the preparation of documents on a public technology company involved in a lawsuit against its shareholders. Work on this matter included analysis of financial statements and a review of valuations.
- Europe Company Acquisition. Created financial statements for a software company in preparation of its acquisition. Work on this engagement involved a seller based in Europe and a buyer based in the United States, therefore both IFRS and GAAP accounting needed to be considered. Numerous complex accounting issues were resolved in this transformation of raw data to financial statements.
- Canada Independent Consultant Engagement. Performed a review and evaluation of internal accounting controls and internal control over financial reporting. This engagement was the result of a settlement between the company and the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC).
- Obtained and documented an understanding of the federal clients’ business processes, accounting procedures, financial systems, and information flows to assist in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Evaluated the design of the control environment to ensure sufficient controls were in place and provided recommendations to clients regarding risk-based design and operating effectiveness gaps and improvements.
- Provided audit services to multinational, private clients within the financial services industry. These services included performing analytical procedures on significant accounts which comprised: setting expectations, determining variance thresholds or materiality, and investigating all differences.
- Learned accounting processes for a variety of security types including: equities, debt instruments, loans, futures, options, and forwards as they relate to fund accounting.
Education & Professional Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy and Finance, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, May 2020
- Certified Public Accountant 2021. Licensed in Virginia.
- Certified Fraud Examiner 2022