Kirsten Goldenberg has provided consulting services for companies, government entities, and legal counsel on a variety of issues involving disputes in arbitration and litigation matters and financial investigations. Kirsten has performed integrated audits to federal agencies and financial statement audits to commercial clients, including power and utility companies.
Consulting Engagement Experience
Representative examples of Kirsten’s engagement experience include:
- Healthcare Company Breach of Contract Dispute (2023). Assisted in research and analysis relating to a contract dispute between a healthcare staffing company and a hospital company.
- Confidential Client (2023). Assisted in the preparation of an expert report in defense of a shareholder suit brought against a company alleging misrepresentations in financial statements and related disclosures.
- Examined and documented the federal clients’ business processes and internal controls over financial reporting. Performed an efficient risk assessment and coordinated the planned audit response, including determining the relevant risks of misstatement and financial statement level risks.
- Evaluated and tested both the design and operating effectiveness of controls within various process areas, including financial reporting and journal entries, legal liabilities, and budgetary activities.
- Reviewed client-prepared financial schedules and performed financial statement and disclosure tie-outs.
- Provided financial statement audit services to clients within the power and utilities industry, including performing substantive analytical procedures over significant accounts to identify fluctuations and determine whether the underlying transactions are properly reflected in the account balances.
Education & Languages
MS, Accounting, University of Virginia, USA
BBA, Accounting, University of Miami, USA
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington, DC & Virginia