Credibility International Promotes Managing Directors
Washington DC; January 7, 2022
Credibility International, LLC announced that effective January 1, 2022, six professionals – Mark Funk, Kenneth Kratovil, Andrew Preston, Laura Connor Smith, Rebecca Vélez and Ryan Wolfe – were promoted to Managing Director.
“We are extremely pleased with this group of Credibility professionals who have been recognized in the marketplace for their exceptional client service and expertise,” said Tim Hart, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Credibility. “Over the past few years, each of our new Managing Directors has testified as an expert, appeared before regulators, and/or been recognized for their subject matter expertise. We look forward to these key Credibility professionals continuing to increase their profiles in the market and continuing to gain the trust of our clients by successfully leading our teams as experts.”
- Mark Funk is a testifying expert with over thirty-five years of experience in finance, operational improvement, and engineering. Mark has testified in international arbitrations and has further dispute experience primarily in investor-state arbitrations with a focus on natural resource and infrastructure disputes. Mark has an MBA in finance and international business along with a degree in engineering.
- Kenneth Kratovil is a testifying expert with over twenty years of experience in finance and valuation and fifteen years of experience in damage quantification. Ken has testified in domestic and international cases and has deep experience in international arbitration including an extensive portfolio of experience in investor-state cases. Ken has an MBA in finance and is an Accredited Senior Appraiser and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Andrew Preston is a testifying expert and forensic accountant with over fifteen years of experience. Andrew has testified as an expert in international arbitration matters and has presented to the Securities and Exchange Commission staff. He regularly quantifies damages and lost profits, assists clients in responding to SEC investigations and conducts independent forensic accounting investigations. Andrew is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Laura Connor Smith is a testifying expert with over twenty years of experience in accounting, finance and valuation. Laura has testified in domestic and international cases and has deep expertise in breach of contract cases, financial services disputes and investor-state arbitrations. Laura has an MBA in finance and is a Certified Valuation Analyst and a Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Rebecca Vélez is a testifying expert with twenty years of experience providing accounting and financial consulting services to multinational clients involved in litigation and arbitration. She has mainly focused on international arbitrations during the past twelve years. Rebecca is a native Spanish speaker who has provided testimony in both English and Spanish in both investor-state and breach of contract arbitrations, primarily for Latin American clients. Rebecca has an MBA in Finance and Strategic Accounting.
- Ryan Wolfe is a forensic accountant with sixteen years of experience as a technical expert in the application of U.S. GAAP, PCAOB Standards, and SEC reporting requirements, leading teams assisting clients in complex forensic investigation and regulatory matters. Ryan served in the SEC’s Office of the Chief Accountant from 2011 to 2020, advising on the Commission on SEC financial reporting enforcement matters, including leading consultations on technical accounting, auditing, internal accounting controls, and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) issues. Ryan is a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Financial Analyst.
About Credibility International
Credibility International specializes in business dispute and regulatory and forensic investigation services. We provide expert testimony in international arbitration, domestic dispute, expropriation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, intellectual property, tax controversy, and fraud matters. Additionally, we design investigative procedures for accounting irregularities, asset defalcation, money laundering, and regulatory issues. We apply functional expertise in accounting and finance across a variety of industries.
Credibility was founded in October 2010 and is based in Washington, DC.
For more information visit http://www.credibilityinternational.com/.