Tyler W. Famiglietti
Address: 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006View PDF
Tyler Famiglietti is a forensic accountant experienced in disputes and investigations. Tyler holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from The George Washington University and a master’s degree in accounting also from The George Washington University.
Tyler started at Credibility International as an intern while completing his undergraduate and graduate degrees. Prior to joining Credibility International, Tyler interned in the audit and tax advisory services practices of a Big Four accounting firm. Tyler also interned at the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) where he assisted in the calculation and assessment of accounting support fees.
At Credibility International, Tyler has assisted clients with international and domestic disputes, as well as fraud and forensic accounting investigations. Representative examples of Tyler’s engagement experience at Credibility International include:
- Assisted in the preparation of an expert report in an international arbitration involving the gaming industry in Poland. Work on this matter included quantifying the projected future cash flows and lost profits associated with an investment in the Polish gaming industry.
- Assisted in the preparation of an expert report in an international arbitration involving an ICSID claim raised by investors in the cement industry in Central Asia. Work on this matter included reviewing financial statements and data as well as assisting with the calculation of damages.
- Assisted in the preparation of an expert report in a Federal civil litigation related to the alleged breach of contract to provide software development services to a multinational restaurant chain. Work on this matter included reviewing opposing expert’s damages calculation and expert report, assessing Plaintiff’s financial performance, and quantifying Plaintiff’s sunk costs to develop software. Also assisted in the preparation of deposition questions for opposing expert.
Financial Investigations, Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Assisted in an investigation regarding the alleged breach of fiduciary duty of a collapsed hedge fund. Work on this matter included investigating transactions and flows of collateral held in a bank trust account to quantify damages from the mismanagement of investor funds and reviewed and managed a document repository that included internal communications, financial statements and public filings.
- Assisted in the investigation of executives of a telecommunications company resulting from whistleblower allegations of misappropriation of assets, revenue recognition issues and lapses in internal controls. Work on this matter included reviewing bank statements, emails and other financial records, and the preparation of workpapers to assist in the investigation and summarize findings.
- Assisted in the defense of SEC allegations against an individual for alleged market manipulation involving pump-and-dump schemes. Work included reviewing public trading data and trading activity and public news coverage of various securities.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Accountancy, The George Washington University. 2018
- Master of Accountancy, The George Washington University. 2019