Tyler W. Famiglietti
Address: 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006View PDF
Tyler is a Consultant at Credibility International with experience providing consulting services for companies, government entities, and legal counsel across a range of industries involving breach of contract disputes, investment arbitration matters, regulatory proceedings, and forensic accounting investigations. He has consulted on damages analyses involving complex contract disputes, valuations, and investigations. He holds a Master of Accountancy degree and a Bachelor of Accountancy degree from The George Washington University. Tyler is a Certified Public Accountant.
Prior to joining Credibility International, Tyler interned in the audit and tax advisory services practices at Deloitte in 2017 and 2018. Tyler also interned at the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) from 2016 to 2018 where he assisted in the calculation and assessment of accounting support fees.
Consulting Engagement Experience
Representative examples of Tyler’s engagement experience include:
- Banking and Insurance Industries, Litigation; Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Unjust Enrichment, Fraudulent Conveyance. Assisted in the filing of an expert report in a breach of fiduciary duty dispute involving the failure of an insurer and reinsurance company. Analyses included assessments of the benefits received by parties to the litigation and the conduct of certain executives.
- Central Asian Textile Arbitration; Expropriation. Assisted in the preparation of an expert report relating to financial issues and damages for a dispute involving textile factories in Uzbekistan.
- ICC Matter involving Egyptian and Chinese Parties; Breach of Contract. Assisted in the preparation of expert reports on alleged economic losses suffered by Claimant and Respondents’ counterclaim losses. Dispute was related to the distribution of home appliances in Egypt. Economic losses include direct losses, lost profits and reputational harm.
- Central Asian Construction Arbitration; Assisted in the preparation of expert reports relating to financial issues and damages for a dispute involving two cement plants in Uzbekistan.
- European Entertainment Industry, Arbitration; Expropriation. Assisted in the preparation of an expert report on damages for a dispute involving the gambling industry in Poland.
- North American Financial Services Industry, Litigation; Class Certification. Dispute involving class action certification of early access cash advance loan customers. Performed statistical analysis of approximately half a million accounts, over multiple years, representing millions of rows of data.
- Insurance Industry, Litigation; Breach of Contract, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Fraud in the Inducement, Gross Negligence. Assisted in the preparation of expert reports on issues of fraud and damages. Dispute involved the management of an insurer’s assets involved with the collapse of hedge funds and related party reinsurers.
- Banking and Insurance Industries, Litigation; Breach of Contract, Negligence and Misrepresentation. Assisted in the preparation of an expert report on damages. Dispute involved the failure of a reinsurance company and collateral held in a bank trust account.
- Medical Industry, Arbitration; Breach of Contract. Assisted in the preparation of expert reports on damages in a dispute over a license agreement involving medical data.
- Securities Litigation; Violations of Securities Laws. Assisted in the filing of an expert report in a securities litigation that dealt with issues related to GAAP loan loss reserves on credit card loan portfolio.
- Software Industry, Litigation; Breach of Contract, Tortious Interference, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Interference with Economic Relations and Misappropriation of Trade Secrets. Assisted in the preparation of an expert report on damages in a dispute involving the development of software for food delivery.
Financial Investigations, Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Investment Firm (2019 – 2020). Assisted in a defense matter related to accounting and disclosure for certain accrued expenses.
- Technology Industry (2019 – 2020). Worked on a team assisting management in an independent forensic investigation involving GAAP, SEC reporting, and misappropriation issues. Issues included revenue recognition, prerequisite disclosures, misappropriation and embezzlement, and analyzing the work of the auditors. The investigation reported findings to the SEC, DOJ, and NYSE.
- Transportation Industry (2018 – 2019). Assisted in a DOJ defense matter involving potential violations of the FCPA. Work included analysis of potential profits from identified transactions, preparing and defending ability to pay analyses, and presentations to the DOJ. The ability to pay analysis was ultimately independently verified and accepted by the DOJ.
- Market Manipulation Matter (2018). Assisted in the defense of SEC allegations against a top management individual for alleged participation in various pump-and-dump schemes. Issues included analysis of trading patterns in various securities, and analysis of connections between trading patterns and significant events.
Education and Professional Certifications
- Master of Accountancy, The George Washington University, May 2019
- Bachelor of Accountancy, The George Washington University, May 2018
- Certified Public Accountant, Commonwealth of Virginia, 2020
- Member, Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners