Tyler S. Khoury
Phone: +1 202-729-6319
Address: 1701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006View PDF
Tyler is a financial professional with experience providing financial advisory and analytical services. Tyler has assisted clients with SEC accounting and reporting requirements that involve special scrutiny, including financial statement fraud investigations, regulatory and compliance inquiries, valuations and quantification of damages.
Prior to joining Credibility International, Tyler provided accounting and financial advisory services at RGS Associates and Huron Consulting Group. She has additional international experience with microfinance and economic development while at K-Rep Bank’s Development Agency in Mombasa, Kenya.
Representative examples of Tyler’s engagement experience include:
- Assessed lost profits in an international contract dispute related to a resort development in the Dominican Republic.
- Evaluated expropriation damages in an international dispute involving the postal industry in Croatia.
- Assisted in a breach of contract dispute involving a coal mining operation in Colombia with claims of alleged breaches in contractual obligations involving the rail transport of the coal and the issues at the port.
- Assessed expropriation damages in the dispute involving an investment in a port in India.
- Analyzed an opposing expert’s damages in an international expropriation dispute relating to grain milling and distribution in Venezuela.
- Assisted in an international investment treaty dispute, which involved the assessment of value of cotton fabric manufacturing and dyeing plants located in Uzbekistan.
- Assisted in the valuation of an Oil Country Tubular Good (“OCTG”) manufacturing plant in Venezuela. Analyzed production mix, historical sales, actual and budgeted investments, industry rig count, future oil price, and steel index prices.
- Assisted in the calculation of damages and expert report under ICSID rules relating to the expropriation of a hot briquette iron (HBI) plant in Venezuela.
- Assessed the damages and company valuation in an international investment treaty dispute involving an expropriated gold mining concession in Venezuela.
- Assisted with the preparation of the damages analysis in two international arbitrations between Egyptian fixed and mobile telecommunication companies who were involved in a contract dispute.
- Calculated damages in a breach of contract claims filed by an international medical device distributor. Conducted a data and market analysis to determine the forecasted loss of sales due to the contract violation.
- Assisted in the lost profits damage analysis in international contract disputes involving a credit card operator and its franchisees, which involved the assessment of potential lost profits and other potential financial harm involving parties from Ecuador, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, and the US.
US Disputes & Litigation
- Analyzed and calculated the damages of a dispute case involving advance data analytics in the health insurance industry.
- Assisted in an antitrust dispute, which involved the assessment of past damages and lost future opportunities in the aerospace industry.
- Evaluated damages in a breach of contract claims under the rules of the American Arbitration Association involving the sales of an oral cancer detection product.
- Aided with the preparation of the expert report in a breach of fiduciary duties dispute involving claims against a former officer and the directors of a large multi-national consulting firm related to events preceding bankruptcy. Matter involved assessing the value of the firm both consolidated and by its individual operating units.
- Evaluated damages in a consumer product liability case involving a Fortune 100 company.
Financial Investigations, Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Conducted royalty investigations to determine damages related to the alleged underpayment of royalties in the software industry and pharmaceutical industry.
- Led a forensic investigation into a deceased financier’s personal and company’s finances on allegations of fraud and embezzlement from multiple creditors.
- Assessed the valuation of an expropriated gold mining company in Uzbekistan in an UNCITRAL arbitration. Conducted a forensic analysis of the cash flow trail through related banks and third-party entities.
- Conducted a forensic accounting analysis for a Caribbean bank related to fraudulent online credit card transactions. Traced merchant kickbacks, falsified records, and fraudulent billing through the entire process of the audit trail.
- Investigated a publicly-traded energy company’s operations in West Africa in a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) matter where extensive day rate agent transactions were reconstructed through a SAP account analysis.
- Performed a financial investigation of a CFO under embezzlement and money laundering allegations.
- Bachelor of Science, Finance – Miami University 2007