Keith B. Constance
Phone: +1 202-729-6315
Address: 1701 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20006View PDF
Keith is a forensic accountant experienced in disputes and investigations. Keith has quantified damages and provided accounting analysis in disputes and has performed fraud investigations involving accounting irregularities, foreign corrupt practices act matters, anti-money laundering, and internal fraud schemes.
Prior to joining Credibility International, Keith was a member of the Dispute Advisory Services Practice of KPMG where he provided forensic accounting services. Keith has strong experience in accounting related disputes.
Representative examples of Keith’s engagement experience include:
- Developed expert reports in response to multiple ICSID claims in the CIS dealing with the retail and cement industries including extensive accounting irregularities, financial statement fraud, bribery and corruption analyses as well as detailed valuations.
- Led a detailed damages analysis and expert report in response to alleged legal malpractice dealing with advice provided on US import duties.
- Assisted with an expert report on alleged damages in an international dispute which involved the assessment of lost profits related to a Colombian railway.
- Developed responses to damages alleged in an ICSID claim dealing with port operations in India.
- Assessed alleged damages in an international dispute involving a resort development in Costa Rica.
- Assisted in multiple post-acquisition disputes including developing reports submitted to courts and/or arbitrators, developing reports at the direction of an arbitrator, and providing clients with privileged consulting.
- Led a team of offshore resources in performing an analysis of task orders, teaming agreements, invoices, payments, and expenses related to a dispute between a government contractor and its sub-contractor. Prepared a report used in the arbitration.
- Assisted with contract and document review to determine the impact of a large manufacturing company’s fraudulent pricing structure provided to a foreign country’s military.
- Restated financial statements due to employee fraud of a government contractor and presented the impact to the company’s board of directors and owners.
- Completed third party contract reviews for a governmental entity in response to a substantial vendor fraud.
- Led a team in assisting a large bank in completing an AML gap analysis required by their federal regulator.
- Performed an AML gap analysis on a small broker dealer and presented findings to the Chief AML Officer
- Aided in an investigation related to an FCPA case against a large energy company. Assisted in reviewing time and expense sheets of important employees to search for questionable payments to government officials.
- Conducted an e-mail and document review related to an internal investigation. Reviewed thousands of documents and prepared update memos outlining essential findings for legal counsel.
- Assisted the state of New York implement their Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program, aimed at transforming the Medicaid payment system. Met with Department of Health personnel frequently to assist with identifying regulatory hurdles and proposing potential solutions.
- Helped develop training courses on expert witness testimony, expert witness report writing, and dispute advisory services to be offered at the firm-wide advisory university.
- Certified Public Accountant – Virginia and Washington DC
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics – The College of William and Mary
- Master of Accountancy – The College of William and Mary